We would like to invite you to read the latest issue of “Archiwum Filozofii Prawa i Filozofii Społecznej”, the journal of the Polish Section of IVR, published in English fully in open access.
The issue includes following papers:
- mgr Szymon Mazurkiewicz, Legal Positivism Social Source Thesis and Metaphysical Grounding: Employing Metaphysical Grounding based on Metaphysical Laws,
- dr Marcin Pieniążek, Dimensions of Legal Ethics in the Light of Paul Ricoeur’s ‘Petite Éthique’,
- prof. dr hab. Marek Smolak, The Culture of Justification and Public Reason: Comments on the Motion of Members of the Polish Parliament to the Constitutional Tribunal,
- prof. UŁ dr hab. Tomasz Tulejski, Paulus Vladimiri and His Forgotten Concept of the Just War,
- prof. UG dr hab. Tomasz Widłak, Judges’ Virtues and Vices: Outline of a Research Agenda for Legal Theory,
- prof. dr hab. Wojciech Załuski, Why Moral Norms Cannot be Reduced to Facts: On a Trilemma in Derivations of Moral “Ought” from “Is”,
- mgr Tomasz Zyglewicz, Against the Input View of Legal Gaps.
The issue also features a review of Dr Henry Hardy’s (University of Oxford) book “In Search of Isaiah Berlin: A Literary Adventure”, written by prof. dr hab. Beata Polanowska-Sygulska (Jagiellonian University in Kraków) and a polemical reply by the author.
The issue can be read here.